LEARN TO COUNT TO YOUR CHILDREN

My son knew how to count on his fingers as they learn at school ... a little mechanically but without really knowing how to count. So I was inspired by a publication on the internet to teach him to count in addition to counting.

Put into practice ...

Step 1: Appropriation by my son of a new "game"

I involved my boy in creating "his tools" to count. As it was "his" creation and "his" tools, my son immediately began to wonder where he could play with before going to bed.

It was an ideal way to just make him want and have fun, at the same time he would be able to "visualize" a way to count and count.

 Step 2: the manufacturing

Two leaves of which one of color (a cardboard shirt in my case). As at school, my son put his hands on the sheet and with a felt make the contours of his hands. In this national education does its job well because he knew VERY well to do it.

Then the cutting following the lines. As he was still small but a GREAT desire to do it himself, it was a team effort between him and dad.

The next step is to glue the palm of your hand and curl your fingers. The last step is the writing of numbers on the fingers as only aid to memorization.


Step 3: Using your new toy to count

In the picture I had just proposed to my son to count 3 + 4, he counts the first number on the paper fingers (the 3) and show him that it is necessary to leave the last folded fingers and to count the second digit (the 4 ). Then he counts from the beginning to know the total. 3 explanations were sufficient starting on a total that fits on the 5 fingers of one hand, then the challenger my son to have a total greater than 5.

The result is that after a week just playing at night (at his request and before going to bed), my son knew how to make simple additions to a little over 4 years and count to 20.

I then "optimize" the game by offering to start with the largest number and without counting it and then continue adding the second. quickly he used his fingers to him without counting the first (the largest) figure.

To sum 7 + 3 was faster for him and he used his fingers. It was "his" method and "his" way of counting as he liked to tell me.

(now 5 1/2 years old, he makes additions with restraints and has fun counting the pants in the cupboards to then come lay the bill on his slate before solving it. the fact of itself)


Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés